Sometimes the simplest acts of kindness stick with us the most. A kind word from a friend or the spontaneous generosity of the person in front of us at the drive-thru can brighten a cloudy day. While many of these actions happen spontaneously, we love taking an entire week to be intentional givers in our communities. In honor of National Random Acts of Kindness Week (February 10th-16th), we will be sharing some of our favorite Random Acts of Kindness (RAKS) every day as well as holding a giveaway at the end of the week.
On Friday we want to know what you did to participate in #RAKweek! Tweet at us @flyforgood on Friday, February 14th for your chance to win a $50 gift card to Amazon. Be sure to include the hashtag #RAKweek in your tweet!
Not sure where to start?
Here are some great ideas to pay it forward wherever you go!
- Clean out your closet and donate gently used items to a charity
- Read a book to a child
- Invite someone over for a home-cooked meal
- Send flowers to a principal or teacher
- Thank a bus driver with a note or small gift
- Donate books to the school library
Work or Office
- Leave quarters in the vending machine with an anonymous note
- Bring in some homemade goodies to share with your team
- Invite a coworker you don’t know well to join you for lunch
- Pick up litter at a local park or hiking trail
- Offer to watch your neighbor’s children or pets for free
- Leave an extra generous tip for your server at the restaurant