We are excited to introduce A Broader View as our November Spotlight organization. ABV provides volunteer programs to the neediest countries across the globe. They believe that the best way to truly understand another culture is to experience it firsthand.
It all began almost seven years ago when Sarah and Oliver Ehlers took a trip to Chile, South America. The young couple was involved in both the travel and hospitality business. While there, they saw the overwhelming difference volunteers made in helping a local orphanage. The need of the poorest children was inconceivable. The lack of medical and dental care, and the want of English teachers and school supplies was simply incredible. Once back home they decided to create an affordable, safe and worthy volunteer organization so that anyone who wished to travel and volunteer could easily afford to do so. A Broader View was created in July 2007.
Volunteer projects include field work in environmental and conservation efforts, orphan support, healthcare and HIV prevention, teaching, woman support/empowering, special needs children’s centers, pre-medical/pre-dental programs, human and youth rights as well as language and cultural immersion programs. For those wanting to learn Spanish, A Broader View language immersion offers a great opportunity to take Spanish lessons while volunteering in South or Central America. The ABV immersion program will have you fully immersed in the local culture, living with a local host family, all the while contributing to the volunteer project.
- A Broader View Volunteers projects in Latin American are available in Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru.
- Africa projects are available in Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
- Programs throughout Asia are available in Vietnam, Nepal, Philippines, and China
A Broader View Volunteer programs are the perfect way to meet new people, immerse yourself in a community based program and explore a new language and culture. Join today and gain a broader view of the World.
- Over 195 affordable projects in safe locations
- Short and long term placements in 23 countries
- Flexible, Customized start dates
- Tailor-made options for individuals, families and student groups
- Non-profit 501 (c)(3) registered US charity
- Member of PANO – Pennsylvania Association of Non Profit Organizations
A Broader View is currently fundraising for a greenhouse project in Mombasa Kenya, a solar lantern project in Bulenga Uganda, a children’s care center in rural Zambia, as well as marine conservation in the Galapagos. All donations made to A Broader View are tax deductible.